Housing eight out of ten tallest mountains in the world, Nepal is a country blessed with immense natural beauty. In addition to natural sceneries, Nepal is also a good place for pilgrimage and adventurous activities like trekking, skydiving, zip-flying etc.
Here we present a list of 10 places in Nepal that are popular among the tourists internationally. Before we proceed, have a look at the list of Delhi to Kathmandu flights as you won’t be able to resist yourself after knowing these exciting tourist destinations in Nepal.
- Chitwan National Park – Spread across an area of 934 sq km this National Park is a World Heritage Site recognised by UNESCO. The Chitwan National Park is house to more than 700 species of wildlife. In addition to the big wild animals here one can get to see large varieties of butterfly, insects, moth and over 17 species of reptiles including the giant monitor lizards.
- Lumbini – It is a well-known fact that Lumbini is a pilgrimage site for the follower of Lord Buddha. But, the peaceful environment and monasteries are equally enchanting for believers and non-believers. One of the most popular attractions of the place is Maya Devi Temple situated in a beautiful park comprising monasteries and lakes.
- Kathmandu Valley – Housing more than 130 essential monuments and religious sites, the Kathmandu valley is popularly referred as the valley of Gods. It is also famous for the handicrafts made by the artisans using centuries-old traditions. The Newari foods cooked on wood ovens are not-to-miss opportunity while wandering the alleys of the Valley.
- Pokhara – One of the perfect leisure destinations of Nepal, Pokhara is a full tourism package. The scenic beauty of Lake Phewa makes it an ideal location to relax and unwind. In addition to relaxing the visitors to Pokhara also gets the opportunity for paragliding, white water rafting and trekking.
- Bhaktapur – Although the place suffered great damage due to the tragic earthquake of 2015 there are still many mesmerising temples and edifices. Apart from architecture this also is an ideal place for the shoppers with its souvenirs, puppets, masks, pottery and many other forms of cultural handicrafts.
- Nagarkot – This place is considered the best honeymoon destination in Nepal with its beautiful sceneries and romantic environment. This is the place from where you can have the best views of the Himalayan Range. It goes without saying that you can get to see the stunning sunrise and sunset views even from your hotel room’s window at Nagarkot.
- Sagarmatha National Park – The national park is the highest revenue generating tourist attraction of Nepal. It is probably one of the best trekking areas in the world as it is home to the Mt. Everest, the highest peak in the world. In addition to the trekking experience, the diverse flora and fauna of the National Park attract visitors all over the world.
- Janakpur – As the birthplace of Sita and the marriage ground for Lord Rama and Sita, Janakpur is a famous Hindu pilgrimage in Nepal. The place is a perfect blend of history, religion and culture. It is the place where you can imbibe the rich Mithila culture and witness the mastery in architecture.
- Bardiya National Park – This is the largest and most undisturbed national park in the Terai region of Nepal. Almost 70% of the area here is covered with thick forests with a mixture of savannah, grassland and riverine forest. About 642 species of fauna are recorded including 125 different fish species.
- Thamel – The simplest introduction of this place can be – paradise to the budget travellers. This commercial neighbour of Kathmandu has enjoyed the status of hot-spot for tourism since the hippie Budget hotels, shops, restaurant etc. has always remained great attractions of Thamel. Now it has one more added feature of full Wi-Fi zone.
As an Indian citizen, you do not need a visa for travelling to Nepal. So, pack your bags and book your Delhi to Kathmandu flights for a long journey to your beautiful neighbour country.